Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, September 14, 2009

the finer things in life.....

Have you ever been inspired by a product before? Well I have and this card is one of those things that sprouted from the fun and yet elegant hambly transparency.

Finer things in life card

I looked, well actually stared, at this transparency for a few minutes thinking, what the heck am I going to do with this? Then suddenly an idea came.... the items on the sheet were fancy things. Fancy, finer things...hence the sentiment- "of all the finer things in life.....you are my most treasured one."


This one was inspired by the latest challenge over at the MoxxieFab world blog. Check them out here. They have tons of inspirations and some of the best cards out there.


the challenge was to use a household item as the focal point. I consider the transparency with all the vintage household items as fitting the bill plus the card sentiment was inspired by the items on the transparency as well.

Because the card base was transparent, I made sure that my paper block on the front matched well with the block inside the card. I also wrapped the ribbon all the way around this time instead of my usual, cutting and then taping edges on the back.

To add to the vintage feel of the card, I used a vintage pin and dressed it up with an adhesive backed pearl.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Grace! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Winter said...

Oh, I love this! The patterns are great! And I love your blog title too! :)

Jessica said...

This clear card is very pretty aand you really decorated it well :)