Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween day 3 (treat bags)

I don't know about you but I get to stretch my creativity when holidays like Halloween comes around. In my daughter's preschool class, they like to give treats during a special holiday and Halloween is always the first one. I'm always thinking of a better and cuter way to pack up the little treats and this year I went to my scrap stash.



I wanna show you how to "dress" up those fun treat bags without having to go to your local scrapbook/ craft store to buy new supplies.




to make these fun treat bag toppers you'll need:
-small ziploc bags (I used the ones that they have in the jewelry section of my craft store)
-scrap pattern papers (pick ones that are in the holidays' color scheme. I used black, green, orange and brown)
-ribbon (I used grossgrain and some satin too.)
-halloween stamp
-stapler
-scotch tape
-black pen
-candies or small toys/treats

others (but necessary)
-border punch


first- gather your supplies


Second- trim pattern papers to fit your ziploc bag. Just measure the top and then double the number so the paper can overlap on both front and bag side of the bag. Mine measured 3" wide and 4 1/2" long. Add a decorative border on one side with your punch if desired.


third- fold in half.


fourth- wrap some ribbon around one side of the fold.


fifth- stamp sentiment onto cardstock. I cut my cardstock into 1 1/2" circles before stamping my sentiment.


sixth- fill up the bags with treats. I personally think that one candy plus one toy is good enough for little preschoolers but you can fill it up to how much you want it.


seventh- place the folded paper over the top of the ziploc bag and then staple.


eight- handwrite your child's name.


ninth- adhere your stamped cardstock. I used scoth tape so it'll be sturdy and I also made sure I placed the circle over the staple for a cleaner look.

That's it! Easy Peazy! If you're doing it for your older kids' class or group, you can even get your older kids to help you. I got my six year old to fill up the bags with the treats while I made the toppers.

Seriously how easy and fun is this?!

Thank you for stopping by and see you tomorrow.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: