Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's not too early for Christmas

Yes I think it's not too early to be thinking of Christmas. I know, I know you're thinking...but Halloween hasn't ever arrived yet. But with all the "busy"ness the season gives, it's always great to think ahead.

That's why I'm here to show some fun inspirations with Christmas in mind. Hopefully it'll get you thinking and creating. If you think about it, if you get your Christmas cards done and some Holiday pages predone before the middle of November, this year you CAN actually enjoy the season. :)

Celebrate the Season card set

this card set was made with the Spirit line. I love Upsy Daisy papers cause they're double sided and the designs are great. Really inspiring!

I really believe that Holiday cards shouldn't be one of those overwhelming things you need to worry yourself about during the holiday season. I think every family SHOULD send out cards cause sometimes that's the only way of communication to family and friends for the entire year. I say keep in touch with your loved ones but make it easy with three things in mind....
a. mass produce one design. Making 50 of one design cuts the cost, keeps the designing part less stressful and you can make the production easier by doing it in stages.

b. If you're not the mass producing type of person. Stick with a sketch and use that as a foundation for all your cards. Here's the sketch I made for these cards.

I turned it over and scaled it down to accomodate my many different sized cards.

3. Use your computer for the sentiment. I made mine in photoshop. Filled a whole 8.5 x11 page with it and cut it out with the paper trimmer. Cheaper and faster than stamps or rubons. :)


4. Use tools to create the little details that will sure make your cards have the WOW factor. I used my scallop scissors, border punch and machine stitching here.



Christmas 2008
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

This page was made with the Hot Chocolate collection. I also used some alphabet rubons and stickers to the mix.
I love pretending to be a professional photographer during the Holiday season but most of the time, getting one or two shots of my kids in a nice pose proves to be a challenge (to say the least). That's why when I scrapbook my "good" pictures, I always like to add my other "not so good" ones there so I can appreciate the better ones and also to remind myself of how fun and energetic my kids can be (even when I just want them to sit still)

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

I love creating my own embellishments and here I used some fun shapes cut directly from pattern paper, added some pop up dots and viola, instant embellishments. And the best part- it's inexpensive and it definitely matches the rest of the elements on the page.

So there you have it. Follow these simple tips and you'll sure to have a happy Holidays.

Visit the site for more info.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love the cards & layout...thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

PixieShtick said...

Wow, those look great. Nice paper pattern choices.