Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, November 9, 2009

Artsy Urban projects...

Last month GCD Studios released a great collection called "Artsy Urban" designed by Melody Ross. As part of the GCD design team, I was very lucky to have received the whole line and here's the first two projects that I made with it.

For you gift tin and bracelet set

I love all the butterflies from this paper collection that I decided to make them the focal point of my projects. So I created this tin can container with a fabric bracelet with a butterfly accent on it.


For the tin can, I spray painted an empty altoid can. After it dried, I covered it up with some papers from the collection. I chose to use the 8x8 paper pad for this project. I feel that because the item that I'm altering is small, that smaller designs/prints would work best so I opted for the smaller version of the patterns.
I edged all the papers before adhering them to create a distress look.


After that, I worked on the cover of the tin can. I layered lots of fun embellishments from the collection like the journaling block, crochet flower, button, epoxy sticker, clear butterfly sticker (adhered first onto white cardstock then cut out) and jewel brad.
Then I handwrote a short sentiment.

For the butterfly bracelet...

I first created my fabric base. I measured my wrist all the way around, cut out a fabric with that measurement plus 1/2" seam allowance on the sides. I also added the silk ribbon to two ends of the fabric before stitching it all the way around (wrong side together) and then turning it right side out, hand stitching it to close. Then I ironed it to make it flat.
Then I grabbed the blue pattern paper from the 12x12 pad, cut it into a circle and crumpled and distressed the edge.
Next I layered two butterfly accents. I connected them all together (butterflies and paper) with a jewel brad and added an epoxy sticker for an extra layer of texture.

Butterfly headband.

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

Continuing with the wearable art...I grabbed one of the felt strips from the paper collection and placed a strip of pattern paper underneath it before hot gluing it onto a thin headband I had lying around my dresser.
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

For the flower embellishment, I cut out a strip of paper from the 12x12 pack and rolled it around to create a flower. I also distressed the edge of it.
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

Next I layered it with an acetate accent, crochet flower and a butterfly brad.
I adhered the flower accent with glue gun on the side of the headband.

Liked what you saw? GCD Studios posted another project of mine in the blog today. It has a Thanksgiving theme with it. Check it out here.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: