Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December events minibook

Hello everyone. Hope all is keeping sane as we approach the "big day". So far, so good in my end. Gifts have been bought, cookies were baked, house decorated and we even got make a gingerbread house with some friends. Things are definitely moving along around here.

Anyways, just emailed my December Crazy daisy minibook to Kimberly and thought I'd share it with my blog readers as well. A crafty post to get you inspired through the hustle and bustle of the week.

December Events minibook

First of all, I just want to say how lovely the Chatterbox mini included in this month's kit was. I love the flocked cover and the pages have a dry embossed edge. I just think it's so gorgeous.

So since the theme of the kit was Christmas/Holiday, it was just fitting that I focus my minibook to that topic as well. I printed some pictures from last year's celebrations in 3x4 sizes, matted them and divided them into date categories.

I love the dry embossed edges of each page but I knew it would not show very well in picture, so to make it come alive a little more, I rubbed inkpad on it so it creates some dimension.

Another thing that I really liked in the kit is the big thick white lace. At first I didn't know how to incorporate it in my project but then I realized that it should just take center stage and that's what I did, using it in the front page of my book.

I used a simple design sketch for all the pages and added tabs made from various papers in the kit on top of the pages. I incorporated pictures about our Christmas baking, candy making, kid's school celebration, family time and even our official Christmas card and picture in the mix.



At the very last page of the book, I added a chipboard quote that I thought summarized the book very well.

To dress up the very ornate cover, I just added some velvet ribbon, tied it to make it look like a gift and added a flower in the middle.

Thank you for looking and to find out more about the kit, check it out here.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Grace

No comments: