Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, February 12, 2010

GCD studios share....

this post is a little bittersweet for me.

Sweet cause I love GCD studios products. Their collections are so different with each other that you just want to have them all. Their range is from cute, fun, bright to vintage, sweet and soft.

A little sad cause this will be my last post for them. You see my term in their DT is coming to an end. Don't worry about me, I was happy to have worked with a great company but it's now time to move on. and if you have been wanting to join a wonderful company, now it's your time. They're having a DT call. More info here.

Anyways here's my share this month....

To my Sweetheart card

since this month is the "love" month, what better way to celebrate it than with a fun, bright, cheery card.


This valentine inspired card was made using the Party it up collection. I love the "fun" colors and designs in them. And they just so happen to have papers that have hearts in them. Perfect for the theme!
Since I'm going to be giving this to my "sweetheart", I decided to go for a more masculine color scheme focusing on the blues rather than the typical red and pinks that we associate with Valentines day.

One Year Wiser layout

We had an assignment to make a layout about what we've learned in the past year. I took the assignment to heart and really thought about the important life lessons that I've learned over the past year. There were five that stood out and thinking about them made me thought that I am really wiser because of these lessons thus I came up with "one year wiser" for my title.
I used the Morning Glory collection here. I thought that the papers were pretty, feminine and yet with that touch of "grown up" that I was shooting for with the layout.


I've seen the pleated flowers everywhere lately,so I thought of trying them out myself. They were very easy to make although keeping them stay in shape while the adhesive dried was a little tricky.


I created a visual triangle with the paper threads, adding two to the flowers and one tied on top of the pattern paper.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: