Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You are wonderful

Got the challenge bug over the weekend. I was able to finish two layouts and three cards because I was inspired by a few challenges. Don't you just love things that jumpstart your creativity?

Anyways this one was made with the latest American Crafts challenge in mind. We were to make a layout or card that has the "love" theme. I made mine a layout about my son....

You are Wonderful
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
this layout was made primarily because I wanted to incorporate a letter that I wrote for him. You see, ever since he was young there have been some people that have insinuated that he is either Autistic or ADD. Now I didn't dismiss the idea, infact I did some of my own research to see if he was truly in that "spectrum". But every time I did look at the symptoms, he can't be consider as one. The letter tells about how I feel about always having to be in the defensive mode about him and his "boyish" behaviors towards people that don't know him. I also told him (in the letter) that I love him and I think he is "wonderful" no matter what else anybody says.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
Everything here is American crafts excep the buttons, tools and the cardstock.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I had the letter tucked in underneath the picture.

Supplies used:
Cardstock- The Paper Company
*Pattern paper- (heart, numbers and dots) Everyday line; (green floral) Ala Carte; (brown) Monograms
*Chipboard shapes- My house
*Letter rubons- Frank, Mini Marks
*Boy rubon- Kids book two, Mini Marks
*Letter stickers- (brown) Giggles; (green) Rockabye, Thickers
*Black pen- Slick Writer
Buttons- Basic Grey
Border Punch- Fiskars
Journaling font- Century Gothic, MS Word

*American Crafts products


Congrats Card

and because I'm in the trend of making cards with scraps, I made this one from the leftovers of my layout


I sewn on the button to the layered flowers to make sure that it stays intact. I also used a rubon sentiment to make this a fast and easy card.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: