Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Crazy daisy layouts april share *photo heavy*

Hi all. Gosh where is time going nowadays? I always have the best intentions of updating my blog often but sadly I always falls short. Is it me or is time just moving way too fast?

Anyways here's my layouts using the fantastic Crazy Daisy April kit. I try to sum up the kits theme in one word but this one would probably be- soft feminine. Oooppps two words!

I love the whole vintage, soft and shabby chic feel of the kit. Lots of fun stuff in there and here's what I came up with....

Be true to you

I always like to make my first page using as much products from the kit as I can. This one is the example of that. I really loved the soft, vintage feel of the rosette flowers but I didn't quite like the cream color of them so I sprayed some glimmer mist (from my own stash) to add some depth to them.

This layout focuses on a letter to my daughter where in I want her to remember to love herself and not allow outside influence to dictate how she would feel about her self worth.


And since it's a feminine layout, I focused on using the softer toned papers and products. I also created added glimmer mist to one of the white flower and some of my canvas letter stickers.

Abalone Cove

Here I wanted my focus to be in my photos since there's a lot of them.
I did add color and pattern to the page by creating a inward scallop border all around the page. This is made easy by the double sided papers in the kit, a 1" circle punch and machine stitching.


I sprayed glimmer mist on the canvas letters again to make them pop out plus created visual triangle with the pinks sprinkled on the page.



Up in the Air


This was a fun one to make. I divided the page into two sections. One contained a feminine touch with my pictures while the other half consisted of a little more masculine feel with my son's pictures.


I added the maya road chipboard persons here. I decided to keep them in their raw state so that they'll stand out better from all the pattern in the page. I added a little butterfly punch on each one to add emphasis to the "up in the air" theme.



Eat Up!

This page is about my son's enormous appetite lately. That kid can wolf down a major amount of food.
I added colors to the plain background by adding the little yellow bicycle tabs as strips of pattern on the page.


I also added the cute ticket stubs from house of 3 here. These downloadable products are so convenient to use.
The title was inspired by an Eric Carle book that my kids love.


And finally, I created a resist misting with the doile rubons. I transferred them onto some pattern paper, cut out the shape then sprayed glimmer mist on it. Quickly wiped it with paper towel and the result- some color added to the pattern paper but the doile rubon remained white making it standout more against the background pattern paper.

Downtown Disney

Here's my two page spread for this month.


I used one of the American journaling block stickers as a base for a small collage of elements on the top right of the layout.


I wanted to incorporate the many papers in the page but thought that their designs were to "girly" for my theme so I used them in smaller doses, using most of them as my handmade Mickey silhouettes on the top of my pictures.

So there you have it. If you're still wondering how to scrapbook those spring themed photos, this kit is a must for your next scrapbook pages.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

just me and z said...

Hi Grace! Thanks for sharing!! Where did you get the adorable white butterflies that you used in Be True to You and Downtown Disney? I would love some of those!!
Thank you!
-Lindsay/ucophotogirl@hotmail.com

atlcarly said...

Grace:
Totally love the "ears" on your border circles for the Disney layout. Super original. I may have to borrow that for my Disney cruise pics!