Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, April 30, 2010

A Mother is......

If you've noticed all the hallmark and flower commercials popping like crazy now, you've probably realized that Mother's day is just around the corner. Can you believe we're a day away from May? Still shocks me at how time flies!

Well at Get Sketchy this week, our theme was all about paying tribute to our dear Mothers through pretty cards. :) Here's my take on the sketch...

A Mother is

This week (GS #36) we had two sponsors- Glue dots and The Cutting Cafe. I used a digi image from Cutting cafe as my title block and also for the inside dedication.


I used a ruffled trim to create my flowers. I used a big glue dot, wrapped the ruffles around it and cut the ends. Then I poked a brad in the center. Warning: since the whole thing is being held by a glue dot, you might want to use a paper piercer to make a hole for your brad, and make sure you clean the piercer right away to get all the glue gunk out of it. *wink*

I used another digi image/sentiment from The Cutting Cafe for the inside of my card.

Come check out what the other ladies made with the fabulous sketch for this week and play along. The prizes are always great.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Regina E said...

wow how beautiful...love how you used the block word...i would love to put this card in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe...hugs regina