Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday share

Finally it's beginning to warm up here in Southern California. I can finally bust out the capris and the flip flops (although to be honest with you, I was already busting out the flip flops despite the gloomy and cold weather last week) A flip flop kinda girl doesn't care much if her toes are freezing sometimes. *wink*

Anyways, today's post is a couple of new projects I made. I love them because (a) they're just for me, no specific dt assignment to consider, (b) it shows that I can still create without my over abundant scrapbook supplies on hand and (c) they were made with scraps. Now who would not love that, right?!

First up is a card.....

{Congrats}

I made this while watching "Hitch" the movie last week. Wasn't that movie hilarious?! Will Smith is definitely a great actor.


Here I put together a hodge podge of scraps. Once in a while, I like to use up itty bitty scraps by cutting images/shapes out of them with the Cricut, then I just store them in an accordion style folder (something similar to what coupon clippers use) for future use. The yellow flower here is from that stash. If you have a die cut machine, some free time and a big stash of scraps, I strongly suggest you do this. It will save you some time and money in the long run.

Reaffirmation


What's your biggest fear? Well I thought about this question for a bit and came up with the morbid thought of my marriage not lasting. Scary I know, but our scrapbooks should also be filled with important, not so happy, events/stories.


I used a scrap paper that had punched holes in it from a previous project. I inserted all sorts of embellishments into the holes. I made sure that the products that I used enhanced the theme of my page.
There's a visual triangle between the black letter stickers, black on the butterfly epoxy sticker and the black decorative border.

Here's the journaling:
With divorce rate at its peek, sometimes I am scared to think that our love will pass the test of time, that we will eventually face a trial that will make us rethink of our commitment to one another. And when these bad thoughts come to mind, I always bring myself to that day in May of 2002, when we knelt down in the temple, with hands held and made a promise that we will be together forever. With that vivid picture in my head, I get the reaffirmation that what we have is special and our bond eternal. May 2009

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: