Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Asian's Jump

Sorry I have been quiet for a while. This past weekend was a "packed" one for our family. We had Maddie's 5th birthday celebration, listened/watched General Conference and our biggest event....we had our dear Mitch home for the weekend! We were soaking up all the time we can with him during the 3 days he was here so I was absent from everything including the blog.

But now that things are back to "normal", I have a layout to share with all of you...

Asian's Jump

this was a fun layout I made with two challenges in mind- American Crafts blog challenge and the latest Pagemaps sketch challenge.
This page is also about the funny, wacky and off character things I sometimes do, just because. The journaling reads:
I see it all the time in blogs, facebook and myspace. Pictures of people jumping but I never realized it's an "asian" thing till Sam mentioned it. So with that, we had to do a jump shot! After all, it's what we do! April 2010


I used some City Walk papers here and I love those embossed flowers. I had to cut them out individually to make them stand out against everything else. I also love the bright colors of the paper. It cheers me up every time I use them. I also wanted to customize my title to match the bright yellow feel of the page so I inked my white thicker letters.


the sketch from Pagemaps shows that there is some stitching involved and because I don't have my sewing machine with me right now (so sad about that) I resorted to stitched rubons.

Products used:
Cardstock- (white) Colorbok; (blue) Bazzill
Pattern paper- City Walk, American Crafts
Ribbon- Elements, American Crafts
Letter stickers- Thickers, American Crafts
Bling- EK Success
Stitch rubons- Hambly Screen Prints
Black pen- Millenium, Zig
Ink- Studio G, Hampton Arts


I'll try to post some pics of the fun weekend we had soon. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: