Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

a new skill plus a card

One major thing I learned from General Conference last weekend was from our prophet, Pres. Monsoon when he said that "we need to live a life of GRATITUDE". That's what I'm trying to pattern my daily life on, being grateful and I know that despite of things, I have so many things to be appreciative of.

Two of the many blessings I have right now is that 1. I have my weekday mornings to myself. Since both of my kids are in school, I can plan my mornings however way I want. and 2. I have so many talented and giving friends around me.

So with that being said, let me share a bit of what I did on Thursday morning. I made this.....



One of my dearest friend (Becky) is a great cake decorator/maker. She has wowed everyone with her cute cakes. Sometimes they are soooo pretty to eat and when you do eat them, they are delish to boot! One thing that makes her cake so cute is her ability to make so many wonderful things with fondant icing. I know some of you have tasted fondant and have not been impressed with their taste. I'm with you there but Becky has her own marshmallow fondant recipe that not only looks good but taste even better.

So on Thursday morning, I went to her house and she thought me how to make fondant and she let me play with her "baking tools" to decorate this cute cake.


If you've seen my attempts on "creative cakes" before on this blog, you know that I'm not at all talented in that area but with the help of my friend, I was able to transform this 6" round cake into something adorable.

I was not the only one that was excited that day. When the kids saw the cake I made they were more than thrilled. I had some leftover fondant after decorating the cake and I gave it to them. They called it "cake playdough". We had the cake as a desert that night and had leftovers to eat the following night. Believe me, counting points went out the door as soon as I tasted this cake!


I'm very excited with this new skill and I'm going to write the recipe and all the things I learned from Becky down soon or I'll forget it.

and before I head out, I wanna share a card timely for this month...

Boo!

this card can be seen at the Get Sketchy blog this week. I used their latest sketch and also at the CARDS blog. I entered it for their week's challenge and it was posted here.

So that's it. I'm grateful for friends and the many things I learn from them.

Have a great day.

Till next time,
Grace

5 comments:

Rochelle Spears said...

wow Grace! Great job on the cake!!! Very nice.. professional looking. :)

Kim Sonksen said...

That cake looks amazing!!!! I know who to got to now, if I need a fabulous decorated cake :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace! I found you! I'm so glad you had a good time learning to make marshmallow fondant. I had fun teaching you. It was nice to have you over. The cake is so cute, I'm glad the kids liked it too. I love the blog! You are so talented!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace! I found you! I love the blog! You are so talented!!!!! I'm glad you had fun learning to make marshmallow fondant. I had fun showing it to you. The cake is adorable, and I'm so glad the kids liked it. Danica had fun decorating the extra little cake with the left over fondant. LOL! It was a lot of fun having you over.

Catherine Pooler said...

WOW! Your cake is amazing. I need to take a lesson or 2. I loooove cake decorating...looking at it, not doing it!
Wish I coulda tasted your cake!