Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, October 22, 2010

October Crazy Daisy kit layouts (photo heavy)

Yipee, it's the weekend! I don't know about you but this week seemed to have drag on wayyyy too long!

So how about we start the party with a showcase of layouts? Here's the pages I made using the aptly themed yet ultra cool October Crazy Daisy kit. I love the that the main kit had a lot of things to use for your Halloween pages and the neutral base of the color scheme lets you match it perfectly with any photo.

Trick or Treat


This was a fun page. I was so happy when I saw the Witch paper in the kit. I knew it was the perfect backdrop for this specific pictures.
The "treat" part of the title was not showing well with the busy background so I added rhinestone to the letters to make it a bit distinguishable against the basic grey paper.


I added a ribbon (from my stash) to the page for texture and more layering.



School Spirit '09


I love this layout. There were so many fun things in the kit that I was able to put to good use here.


First thing is the shape of my title block. I used the packaging from the JBS buttons to use as a template for the shape.


The days of the week strips was part of a whole MME journaling block, I cut them out and spread them around the pictures to show what the kids had to wear each day of Spirit week.
Because there were days that my son was not able to participate, I added pattern paper on those days but still added the "day" strip on it.
I used the black die cut flower to bring attention to the journaling strips that I placed on the top right hand corner.
I added some fun to my neutral base with a ransom style title. I opted for bright, close to dark shades to make it stand out against the black paper.

Miss Tink

Again because the kit was predominantly neutral in color, I used some green (from my own stash) to tie in the pictures. I really like this concept because you can connect any photos with your neutral base by just adding a tiny sprinkling of dominant colors in your photos to the page. It makes everything pop out better, don't you think?


I did a block design here and layered a bunch of papers. I liked the shaped paper from Making Memories but thought it was too small to stand alone, so I placed it on top of a MME paper.


I added the embossed die cut flowers layered with the JBS buttons for a visual triangle element.

10 Reasons
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

This page started off with the My Mind's Eye journaling block that had the 10 reasons header on it. I love list journaling, it's easy yet meaningful. So with this one, I made the list of 10 reasons why I can't live without my hubby.
Because the main kit was predominantly black, grey and brown in color, I decided to add hints of red with some glittered cardstock (from my stash) to tie in my picture with the rest of the layouts. I also used red pen to add more color to the page.

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

Because this is a "love" layout, I added some die cut hearts to the My Mind's Eye pattern paper and sprayed glimmer mist on it.

A favorite family activity

This is my two page spread for the month. I used white cardstock as my background (from my stash) on this page. I liked the clean look of the white background. It also made my dark pattern papers "pop" out of the page.
The MME journaling blocks made my jotting down of important notes to remember about this trip to the lake so easy, breezy!


I also loved the Maya Roads birdies. They are so cute and I just so happen to have received four of them so it was perfect to symbolize my family.


I love the Pink Paislee Artist tape. I used them here as a fringe type embellishment.

So there you have it. Make sure you check out the kit here and check back next week when I share the mini and an extra project that I made with the kit. YES, Crazy Daisy kit is always packed with products that you can pretty much use it for a whole month's worth of creativity!

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: