Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Matters Most

So despite my crazy schedule, I've managed to make a layout and that's my share today.... What's Matter's Most I was looking for some inspiration and Pagemaps is always one of the first ones I go to. And sure enough, the latest sketch for the blog challenge the perfect one to jumpstart this layout. This layout was based on a blog post I made here. I'm finding myself gravitating to old posts for layout prompts and themes lately. Maybe because the journaling is already there. I titled this page "what matter's most" because after the tragic event that happened to our friend, it really brought my perspective and priorites straight and family is really what should matter the most. I love the block design the sketch provided but made it my own by punching butterflies in the middle of them and then using those butterflies in another part of the layout. I added bling to the empty space left by the punched item to give the silhouetted butterflies a more distinct look. I sewn up the butterflies on the top of the layered paper and ribbon. Sewing them in the middle allowed me to lift up their wings, giving them more dimension. I also added more bling to the centers of them. So there you have it. I love sketches because they give me a quick jumpstart to my creativity. Thanks for stopping by. Till next time, Grace

No comments: