Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vision of Love *Upsy Daisy Designs*

Music has been a big part of my life. My dad and sister are great singers. I've gone through many high school "life dramas" by listening to my favorite artists and I've danced my way through many hits. So when I saw that our theme for our project this month for Upsy Daisy Designs has to include music as part of it, the only problem I had was .......which one of my faves do I use? I mean seriously, I could've made 5 pages easily with this theme. It's that close to my heart.

Anyways after going back and forth as to which one to use, I finally decided on using the song title "Vision of Love" from one of my all time fave artists- Mariah Carey.

Vision of Love

I used the song for my layout title. As I look at these photos of the family from last Easter (yes, I'm that behind so don't judge!) it truly gives me such tremendous feeling of love.


I used the paper line- Man About Town and a little bit of Vogue too. I was inspired to use the blues, browns and greens which can be drawn from the colors in my photos. I used this trim, also from UDD, which I sewn on the page. I pleated parts of it but kept most of it straight which held my title stickers.



I got a new punch, woohoo, it's from the Martha Stewart collection and this project was the first one that I used it on. This punch is the one that comes with a coordinating corner punch and I'm still learning to make them all line up so to cover my mishaps, I had cut some flowers from papers using the Cricut and covered those parts where the mistakes where. I was so happy that it worked out to create a visual triangle in the page too.

Oh the brads are from the Enchanted line of UDD.


I used the My Guy stamp to create my journaling block which I stamped onto pattern paper so I can capture the brown leaf design on the paper.

That's it for today. Make sure you check out the UDD site and blog for more information and inspiration.


It's finally sunny today here in Colorado. This past few days, it's been snowing. It's not sticking on the ground (thank goodness) but I'm still feeling weird to go through May with snow falling down in the sky. Where's spring?

Anyways, I'm going to use this time to take in the Sun!


Enjoy your day :)


Till next time,

Grace

2 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Your little family is just so darling and you showcase those wonderful pictures so well on these beautiful layouts you make! God Bless!

Laurie said...

Love your Vision of Love layout, I also love Mariah, she's been my fave since "Vision of Love" came on the radio, love your blog :)