Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome mini

So we are gearing up for family visits in the coming two weeks. We are super excited to have our parents and my sister (with her family) come to town to attend Marcus' baptism but also to see the sites in town.

I've been busy planning meals, where people are going to sleep and double checking if I have enough towels for everyone in this past week. But despite the craziness, I managed to get creative and here's what I made....

"Welcome" Guestbook mini

my thought on this mini is that I wanted to have a small documentation of who visits us, when, why and all of those fun things. The beauty of having a scrapbook room resemble a scrapbook store is that I really don't need to go out and buy supplies when the idea arises. That was the case for this project. I had these brown chipboard shapes leftover from a project that I made a year ago. I kept the two unwanted pieces because I knew they can be used as a cover for a mini and that's exactly what I did with them here.


I had a couple of paper packs from Making Memories that I used for the page fillers/inside pages. Projects like these are a great way to use up paper packs that
you've either forgotten about or have not touched in a long time. Because paper packs are meant to coordinate with one another, it provides you with a book that has the pages mesh with each other.



I got a new Cricut cartridge for my birthday and I used that to create my book title, the scrolls on the cover and this "thank you" piece in the front page.


All the inside pages are similar in design/concept. I kept most of the pages open so I can add photos later on. I made a small journaling block to go with each page where I will have guests fill up their name, date of visit, reason for visit and how we showed them a good time.



and here's a look at the back. For the scallop edges of the dot paper, I used my Martha Stewart Crafts border punch. I binded the book with book rings purchased at my local Officemax. I wanted this book to have the option of expanding when all my pages have been filled. That way, I don't have to make another one. :)


but right now, it only has about 18 pages.


I can't wait to fill this up with fun memories of family and friends visiting us. I'm sure this is another mini that will be cherished by the family for years to come.


Till next time,

Grace

No comments: