Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mitch's birthday

Ob it's so windy outside. Where did my summer go and it's not even officially Autumn yet?!

Anyways today I want to share a few pics from Mitch's bday get together last Saturday. His birthday actually fell on that day and days before I had asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He said, he'd like to have a few friends over for dinner and he would like to eat Beef Enchiladas and 7 layer dip.

When he was growing up, in their family when it's someone's birthday they are called king/queen of the day. They get to skip on chores and their mom would make any dish/meal that they've requested for dinner. He had always loved his mom's Beef enchiladas and I'm grateful that the recipe was passed down to me.

So with that I slaved all day Saturday making the enchiladas, 7 layer dip, spanish rice and the cake. It was hard work but I told hubby that the party was my gift to him and that he should not expect anything more. LOL.

Here are just a few shots of the party....


I'm so into fondant cakes lately. They are so cute looking and easy to make. It does take a bit of time to decorate but I still like them. One of Mitch's fave cakes is German Chocolate cake with the coconut pecan frosting. Since I was doing the fondant, I used the Coconut pecan frosting as filling in between the cake layers.


We had placed a lot candles on the cake but it still didn't add up to how old he is. Hehehehehe.

We are so blessed to have friends around to celebrate with us. We ate dinner and then played Phase 10 card game. I won, woohoo!


One of our friends mentioned that he never sees me in front of the camera. He is mostly right so I handed him the camera and he got this wonderful shot of me and hubby.

So that's it. Another birthday celebrated and that leaves us to one more for the year- Maddie's. Hers is next month and her and I are already cooking up ideas for her birthday cake.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: