Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, December 21, 2012

Shows I got hooked on

Hi friends. Today I'm breaking up the crafty projects with a little bit of random,and sort of trivial kind of post. I'm thinking ahead for a future scrapbook page in my "me" album as well.
 
Anyways, my way of catching up with TV and shows have changed dramatically this year. Since we've gone away with cable and Netflix, most of my watching is either done through Hulu or by borrowing DVD sets from the Library. I have to say, I'm liking this kind of entertainment as I can easily screen all the advertisements (still get some through Hulu, but they're manageable) and I can watch a complete series in a few days. I also like the convenience of being able to watch while I craft in my "cave" when everyone's gone to bed. It's part of my "me" time and I enjoy it tremendously.
 
Some of my favorites this year was...
 
I was a huge fan of American Idol up to about four years ago. After that, I stopped watching any of the singing competitions until this year when I tried one episode of The Voice and instantly got hooked. I like the idea of the people being judge first and foremost by their voice. I'm still catching up (just on the beginning of the live shows) so please don't tell me who wins or in the top four or anything like that. Don't spoil the cliffhangers for me. :)

I started watching this when I borrowed the first season DVD at the Library. After that I decided to do a quick search in Hulu and found it in the "free watch" section. Woohoo! I'm inspired by the outfits and the fashion. Although I think it's totally unreal for her to really live the two lives in the real world but it still makes for a good story line.

I started watching this when we still had Netflix. I was bummed when I didn't even get to finish the first season but thankfully my local library had the other seasons on DVD and all I had to do was wait patiently for my turn to get it. I think I had the second and third season on hold for about a month till I was able to finally get it. The wait was worth it though cause I am inlove with Jane Bingham and her super sassy character!

And finally for this year, I've heard so many good things about this mini series from my sister Glady but I didn't have the time to see it for myself until about a week ago. I love the concept and being a Jane Austen fan, I love the script. There's already a few lines that I'm replaying in my head over and over again. This is a bit more dramatic and have more shocking plots that my fave Jane Austen Novels but I still love the glimpse of the early 1900's. It's so formal, proper and way different than our times. Oh how I love that time period!
 
So there you have it. My show picks of the year. I'm always looking for a new show to get hooked on, any suggestions?
 
Till next time,
Grace




No comments: