Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inspired by Stamping #43 Challenge

Hello friends. Sorry this post is coming in a bit late. I'm still getting a hang of the schedule for challenge reveals for Inspired by Stamping. Bear with the newbie here. 

Anyways, if you are coming from the Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge blog you've probably seen all the gorgeous takes on this inspiration board...

I love, love, love the soft color combo! Here's my take on it...

You Make Me Smile card
I took the color scheme from the board as my main inspiration for my card. I love the flower accents and incorporated that through my embossed background as well as my three large pink flowers. I wanted my sentiment to "pop" on the card so I used black ink on the sentiment. After running my floral embossing folder through my die cut machine, I smeared some yellow ink on it to reveal the design better. When inking your embossed image, start lightly and try to color just the raised part of the image. 

I'm inlove with the pennant/flag trend right now. I made my own with some pattern paper and toothpick. I added some rhinestone to give the flag some "shine". 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you play along with us this week. For more info on this challenge, please click here. 

Till next time,
Grace


6 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card, Grace. I also love the pennant trend and the doily and you have both, perfect !!! Have a great weekend. Deb x

Paperesse said...

Lovely card! Adore the pastel colors and the way you've used them.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is perfect. I love everything about it! Esp. the pale pastel flowers!

Joanna M said...

Beautiful card Grace! Love all these gorgeous details! Thank you. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! So happy that you are on the IBS team with us. :)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Stunning! I just love your card design! So fun and bright, makes me wish for summer!!