Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quote laser cut frame *Inspired by Stamping*

It's me again. We had some major rains in the area last week. Thankfully we were spared from having to deal with basement flooding. Our home is not in the area where we would have been affected by flash flooding but we have had an issue before where water got into our basement and you can even read that story here. I have seen some images about the effects of the flooding in and around our area and my heart aches for all of those affected by it. Mother Nature sure knows how to keep us Coloradans on our toes. If it's not wildfires, it's flash flooding. 

Anyways, because after every rain comes the clear blue skies and greener grass, I figured I'd share a post about an altered frame I created for this beautiful photo of a flower. I shot this image at the Denver Botanical Garden a couple of years ago. I love the light purple color of the flower and the way it hung on the branches. 


I found this wood frame at the clearance section of my local Michael's store. I love the intricate design of the frame. I wanted to show off the beauty of this frame so I decided to paint instead of covering it with paper. Besides, with all of the intricate design, it's going to take me forever to do that! I then added some stamping (using Inspired By Stamping stamp sets) and pen lines then added my image. I love that quote as well, it very much sums up faith and hope for me.

Supplies used:

Frame- Laser cut frame, ArtMinds; Cardstock- (yellow) WorldWin Papers, (kraft) The Paper Company; Stamps- (lines) Friendly Flowers, Paper Smooches, (quote and banner images) Words of Inspiration, Background Basics ll and lll, Inspired By Stamping; Twine- The Twinery; Pearls- Le Crème, Baby Bling Pearls, Want2Scrap; Embossing powder- Black, Zing, American Crafts; Ink- Stazon, Tsukineko, Memento, Tsukineko, Colorbox; Toothpicks- Source Unknown; Paint- Victoria Green, Apple Barrel, Plaid; Adhesives- Xyron, Glue Dots

Instructions:

1. Paint the frame with acrylic paint. 2. Adhere the photo on the back of the frame. 3. Stamp the stitch lines on the frame. 4. Stamp the background images on kraft and yellow cardstock. Trim into banners. Adhere to toothpicks with Glue Dots. Tie the two picks with twine and adhere to the top right corner of the frame using foam adhesive. 5. Heat emboss the quote on yellow cardstock block using black embossing powder. Mat on kraft cardstock. Adhere to the bottom left corner of the frame. 6. Add pearls on the bottom of the quote. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment: