Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back to Basics Part 2

Thank your for stopping by today. Today I'm sharing the other 2 layouts and one card that I created with my "back to basics" kit that I've put together. The products are all from my stash and these are memories that were itching to be documented....

Mother's Day Gifts
I cannot keep every cute handmade card or project that my children create. There is just not enough room in the house to store them all. That's why sometimes, I like to photograph certain things, in this case gifts, that I receive so I can have a visual reminder of them without having to hold on to the actual handmade item.

For this layout, I decided to layer two cardstock pieces as my foundation, build my images in the center and then add embellishments and journaling on the edges of the page. I love how the title still stood out against the busyness of the images. I did notice that the pattern paper where I was going to put part of my title was a bit busy, so I added a strip of vellum over it first before adding the word "gifts". 

I decided to use typed journaling for this layout. I think with the flourishes and mist splatter, the journaling needed to be more structured.

Staying In Shape
It's been a while since I've created a layout on an 8 1/2 x 11" spread. This single 3x5 photo was yearning for a smaller canvas. I've always been inspired by all the layouts that I see that have layers of pattern paper behind the image. I wanted to try it and so I used three patter papers and one journaling block to create that "look".

I love combining two different fonts for my title. It gives it more personality and the script and san serif  style works well together.

I love this honeycomb stamp from Pink Paislee. It's so fun to build together.


Here's the Scoop card
For this card, I used some more of the fun stamps from Pink Paislee, papers from the Ready, Set, go line and other embellishments.

I copied the circle accent that I had use for my first layout as a design element in this project. I even layered them to make more use of my papers. The chipboard butterfly inked in black also gives this card a more sophisticated look.

So there you have it.

Here's the supply list again...
Cardstock- KI Memories; Pattern paper- 6x6 Pad, Ready Set Go, American Crafts; Journaling blocks-Lily Bee Design; Letter stickers- Thickers, American Crafts; Butterfly chipboards- Heidi Swapp; Stamps- Pink Paislee; Inks- Tsukineko, American Crafts, ColorBox; Epoxy dots- My Mind's Eye; Flourish black stickers- KI Memories; Pen- Millennium, Zig; Mist- Heidi Swapp; Thread- Coats and Clark, Sewing Machine- Kenmore; Adhesives- SEI, Thermoweb.

Thank you for joining me as I shared my journey into getting back to why I love scrapbooking. I hope my projects have inspired you to get back into documenting and playing with the products you already have on hand.

till next time,
Grace

No comments: