Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Altered Wooden Clip frame *Inspired By Stamping*

Looking for a quick Mother's day gift for next month? How about altering a wooden paper clip with some beautiful products from Inspired by Stamping?
 
thank you altered paper clip
I've had this plain wooden paper clip for over four years now. It's been sitting on my craft desk and I use it to tuck any notes that I wanted to remember later on it. But after receiving the new release stamps from IBS, I was encouraged to finally "pretty" up this plain clip. I am so happy with the result that I've actually moved this item from my crafty desk to one of my side tables in my living room. The IBS products really makes it beautiful and I'm proud to display it along with some favorite pictures of my children.
thank you altered paper clip-003
I first took out the springs from the middle of the clip, then I painted the pieces white so that it will have a clean foundation. I measured the outside part of the clips and covered it with papers from the Vintage Floral Paper pad. I decided to use my Mod Podge on this project to make sure that the papers adhere well onto the wood and that it will have a clean finish as well.
thank you altered paper clip-001
Next I used the Fancy Labels 2 Die to create my layered title block. I inked the edges of the smaller piece to separate it a little from the larger paper. I added a floral background on the block before stamping the sentiment. Both the flower and sentiment stamps are from this set...
clip_image008_thumb.jpg
thank you altered paper clip-002
I added some twine and rhinestone to the title block before adhering it (with foam adhesive) onto the paper clip. I wanted to add some more color to the project so I adhered three peach carnations to the edges of the title block.
So there you have it. I was able to create this project in less than 30 minutes and I'm sure it would take less if I didn't have to paint the clip. I hope this inspired you to put your beautiful IBS stash into creating projects that will beautify your home even further.
Happy Creating,
Grace
 
clip_image006_thumb.jpg
Stamp set- Sweet Pea,Inspired By Stamping
Paper pad- Vintage Floral, Inspired By Stamping
Die cut- Fancy labels 2 die, Inspired By Stamping
Flowers- Peach Carnations, Inspired By Stamping
Others- Wooden Paper clip, white paint, adhesives

No comments: