Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, September 1, 2014

Altered gift bag *Inspired By Stamping*

Hi there friends. I am usually a 12x12 scrapbooker. That means that I prefer 12x12 sized cardstock versus 8 1/2x11. But sometimes when there's a great deal on them, I can't help but snag a few colors for cardmaking and other papercrafts. One of my favorite things to do with this size of cardstock is to make my own paper bag. With a little addition of pattern paper, border strips, ribbons and stamps, I'm able to personalize my gift bag. With this particular birthday bag, I used the new flower stamp of the month (Water Lily) for a dramatic embellishment.

happybirthdaygiftbag
 

 I stamped the water lily flower on grey cardstock with embossing ink and then heat embossed it with white. I like the dramatic effect of the white embossing that it gives the image. I then added my sentiment on white cardstock and then matted it with pink cardstock.

happybirthdaygiftbag-001
 

happybirthdaygiftbag-002
 

clip_image016_thumb.jpg
 

clip_image018.jpg
 

   Flower of the month: Water Lily, Inspired By Stamping
   Colonial Rose Satin Ribbon, Inspired By Stamping
 Others: Cardstock, Pattern paper, border die cut, pearls, inks

No comments: