Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, January 23, 2015

Double page spreads with Scarlet kit

Happy Friday dear crafty friends. Today I'm sharing my last two pages created with my scarlet kit. If you have not seen what products I combined for my homemade kit, please check out the video here

Bishop's Castle
These photos are from 2011. One of my goals this year is to get all of my pictures from 2011-13 scrapbooked. Most of them are from events like holidays and trips so there's a lot of pictures to use and maybe that's why I haven't scrapped most of them lately. But I'm committed to getting them checked off this year and so you will probably see more double page spreads from me this year than years past. 

I used a stencil to create this blue effect on the top left and bottom portion of my page. I only had one blue and pink cardstock so I used both of them here, making sure to use both in each page so there's a cohesive look despite not having he same background color.

I decided to go with handwritten journaling since I had this pretty big die cut/journaling block from My Mind's Eye.

I used some chipboard letters for my title and added some twine to the top to make it look like a banner.

Take me out to a ball game layout
For this one I used a busy pattern paper for my background. It had blue, white and red which was perfect for this baseball themed page. To make sure that my pictures doesn't get lost in the background, I added a piece of 8 1/2 x 11" vellum on both sides of this double page spread.

Since this is my last page, I didn't have much pattern paper left from my kit so I punched what I had left and created this border for my page. I loved how it turned out.

I used the die cut frame in this page, highlighting the 4x6 photo of the ballgame and added the chipboard stickers for my embellishments.

I used multiple letter stickers to spell out my title.

I also added the rosette trim in this page. I adhered some of the chipboard elements with foam adhesive to make it stand out better.

Thank you for stopping by. Do you have any scrapbook goals this year? Please do share  in the comment section. I'm curious to know if I'm the only one that makes up scrapbook goals each year.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Very nice 2 pager. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.