Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, March 6, 2015

Pin To Done- Burlap Wreath

Hi there crafty friends and happy Friday. Today I'm sharing with you this month's "pin to done" project that I was able to finally check off of my long Pinterest list.

I have made wreaths before but because they are always seasonal, there's not one of them that I can just place in the front of my door and leave it there till I remember to change it out. For this reason, I decided to create one from burlap. I had watched some videos and looked at Pinterest for ideas and the two that I got my inspiration from is from here and here.

I was so happy to score a straw wreath at Goodwill in December and also a burlap trim pack from Tuesday Morning on sale. I also got the pins from Tuesday morning. 

I followed the tutorial on how to fold the burlap. My trim wasn't quite 4" so I made my squares 3 inches instead. Because my squares were smaller, it required for me to fill the front more and so if you look closely, I wasn't able to cover the sides very well. That doesn't bother me much though as I think some of the straw wreath showing up blends with the color of the burlap. 

I added a bow with leftover trim on the top and added an orange silk ribbon for a pop of color. I had some tiny banner stickers from my scrapbook stash that I hot glued to a piece of twine and strung it on the top of the wreath as well. 

Here are some more close ups...




Thank you for stopping by and I hope this inspired you to create a wreath or home decor to brighten up your home.

You can visit my Pinterest page with wreath ideas for more inspiration.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: