Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, August 17, 2015

Behind the Smile layout

Hi there friends and happy Monday. Today I'm sharing a layout based off of two challenges. The first one is from this sketch at Sketch N Scrap blog.

This layout was also inspired by the latest challenge over at the Mixed Media Monthly challenge blog. The challenge this month was to create with any kind of mixed media while incorporating text.


I turned the sketch 180 degrees to conform with my picture and layout. I used a photo of my oldest son taken in 2013. I only used one photo instead of the two in the sketch. I did add lots of layered papers under the photo and matted my picture with a bold pink cardstock to make it stand out against all of the green, purple and black papers behind it. 

 Lately I have been wanting to be intentional with my pages. By that I mean that I will not create a page just because I had a cute photo or some products to play with. Because of this new goal, I thought long and hard about the story that I wanted to document with this page and I decided to jot down some of my feelings about how my son's smile reminded me of how much happier he was in 5th grade versus the years before because we got him an IEP set up in school. Having his diagnosis of ADHD in place helped us get the extra assistance he needed to thrive in the school environment.

For the mixed media challenge, I took one of the negative portion of some cuts I made with my silhouette. This particular one had the negative spaces of alphabets on it. I used my modeling past to add the design onto my paper. I also added some splatter of color shine to the page.

I used some wood stickers from We R Memory Keepers plus glittered stars and words from Heidi Swapp.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day,

Till next time,
Grace

12 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Adorable! Love all the layering and the color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

blbabe1234 said...

Your stamping is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!

Unknown said...

That's a great mixed media background! Loved how the layout came together. Scrapbookers are indeed the best memory-keeper ever. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful page. And thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

First of all, I am loving your layout with the alphabet letters and all the texture they add to your page! Secondly, I am so proud to hear of moms like you that go the extra mile to get their kids the help they need! I also have a son with similar conditions and seeing them improve each day makes my heart so happy! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kelly said...

Ohhh, I love how you flipped the sketch! Great colors and layers! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love! This is a gorgeous LO - I just love the way you used the white painted letters in the background! Perfect!

Sura said...

Beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. Surama

M said...

Love your take on the sketch!! Awesome layout😊😊😊. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! 😊

Unknown said...

Love this layout! Simply beautiful! Always glad to see your work! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

Awesome Layout. I love the mix of the sketch with mixed media. So fun! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

Donna B. said...

Love this bright and "texty" layout! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

beautiful layout! what a great way to highlight the TEXT in your page. and im so happy to read that your darling is getting the proper schooling he needs! that will make all the difference! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com