Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 25, 2016

"Great Job Son!" layout

Hello my crafty friends. This is the last week for my older kids' school years. I can't believe that we are done with 7th grade for my son and 4th grade for my daughter. Time sure flies. Not sure how the summer would affect my scrapping but I'm hoping to involve my daughter with some scrapbook projects this season too. We shall see. 

Today's layout was based off of two challenges. The first one being a sketch inspiration from the Scrapbook Challenges (sketch #482)


The second one was a technique challenge from My Mind's Eye blog. Their May challenge was to use some mixed media on your page. 

Here's my take on the challenges...

For the sketch challenge, I kept the design in the center of the page but used a horizontal 4x6 photo instead of the 2 vertical ones on the inspiration.  I also used a frame transparency instead of the doily in the example. 

As for the mixed media challenge, I mixed some yellow acrylic paint with textured paste and then with a triangle stencil created that bold yellow background on my cardstock. I loved how it made an impact without detracting from my photo. 

I used some Market Street, Jubilee and Now and Then papers from My Mind's Eye for this page. The frame transparency is also from MME. 

I wasn't liking my hand writing on the frames so I pulled out my typewriter and created my journaling through that. I love the clean look so much better.

So there you have it. Thanks again for stopping by and make sure you swing by again tomorrow for another page share.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

arg said...

Lovely use of mixed medias! Thank you for entering the May My Mind’s Eye Challenge!